The Yarmouth Education Foundation (YEF) is an independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the overall educational experience of students in the Yarmouth School Department. The Yarmouth Education Foundation will promote and enhance educational excellence by generating independent funding for innovative educational projects and initiatives that fall outside the standard budget and support the curriculum.
Specifically, the Yarmouth Education Foundation will:
- Encourage teacher innovation and teaching excellence by providing funding opportunities for new initiatives.
- Provide financial support to help Yarmouth School Department respond to emerging education needs.
- Develop a long-term relationship between the community and the schools.
In order for Yarmouth to remain one of the top public school districts in the State of Maine and in the nation, innovation must be supported through a broader funding base. The purpose of the YEF is to provide supplemental funding for innovative instructional practices or programs in Yarmouth’s public schools. Specifically, YEF will provide an organization, infrastructure and staff dedicated to seeking and enabling significant corporate, institutional and personal charitable tax-deductible donations and planned giving (estate giving). YEF will also serve as a vehicle for soliciting, receiving, managing and distributing funds, including funds from the many available grants that can only be accessed by 501(c)3 non-profit organizations.
YEF funding is not intended to cover:
- core educational programs and services
- salaries, wages, stipends
- building and maintenance
- educator’s certifications or degrees